Thursday, 8 March 2012

Bon Appetit! Julia Child Returns Home Inspired...


Julia Child is an icon in the US. Her cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and the television series, The French Chef, made her a household name.

Her travels abroad as a diplomat's wife (and spy) inspired her to learn to cook. In turn, she was inspired to share her knowledge with her fellow Americans and shaped how generations of Americans cook.

I love this video of her. She has a great sense of humour and an enormous personality. Here she introduces the chickens! Bon Appetit!

Coup de Monde...

It reminds me of my less-than-magnum opus on the roast chicken inspired by my expat experiences. This is a book that has been in the making for several years. Unfortunately I don't cook with much precision and although the recipes are interesting (Pumkin Seed Oil and Chipotle Sauce Chicken with Curried Lemon, Apple and Shallot Stuffing), I didn't note the measurement when I create the dishes. And now, I can't find the motivation to go back over all the chickens and cook them again to test the recipe and document the measurements so I can publish the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment