Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Making Days Out Fun

Moving shots
You can prepare your family for a move to a new country by learning about pop culture. If you are moving to India you can start watching Bollywood movies with your kids. If you are moving to Australia you can start learning about the indigenous people.

When I travel, I try to create experiences before, during, and after.

Before
I get books about the life of a famous people in the country and give it as a gift to the person.
During
When I take pictures I use my cultural knowledge to create visual commentary, not just snapshots of the buildings you visit.
After
I try to integrate the experience into our lives. The most fun we have had with this is creating fictional days out being the characters we researched.

FIGT is looking for proposals for presentation at its conference next year in Washington DC. The conference is in March from 29-31th.

No comments:

Post a Comment